Most of us have a smartphone these days and use apps, heck, even my grandma has a smartphone with apps on it, so if you’re a marketer and are not advertising in-app then where have you been? Now is the time to start. If you’re still not convinced, then here are five reasons to convince you:
- In-app advertising generates higher engagement. For a marketer, it means that if you want to reach out to and engage your consumers, using in-app will give you the best result. Mobile ads, especially native ads, are the least annoying types of ads, that users are more likely to play around with. On Adcash platform, there are several ad formats to choose from – banner, interstitial and video. Video is the most rapidly growing and has the highest conversion rate from all three options. According to a study from IAB last year, consumers are not shying away from viewing longer content – quite a surprise if you consider the fact that humans apparently have a shorter attention span than goldfish. Over 36% said they watched videos 5min+ in length on a daily basis and Chinese viewers were found to be the most likely to view movies and TV shows on their mobile devices.
2) 90% of mobile time is spent in apps, which means that it is vital for advertisers to use in-app advertising. American consumers spend, on average, 3 hrs and 40 minutes per day on their mobile devices, so therefore roughly 3 hours in-app time = your time to shine. Mobile phone is one of the most personal item we have, so it is an ideal device to advertise on – according to the Pew Research Group, 87% of adults who use the internet access the web through a smartphone.
3) In-app advertising allows you to have a more targeted audience. Adcash allows you to advertise in relevant apps, which means you have a more targeted audience, making your marketing more effective. There is also a variety of options to choose from – you can target from cities to phone models. Meaning if you have defined your target audience (I am sure you have), you have a strong chance of actually reaching them through mobile.
4) Mobile app downloads continue to grow, therefore the market of in-app advertising is growing as well. There are currently over 3 million apps on Apple Store and Google Play store combined. Last year, mobile app downloads amounted to 53% and total consumer spending on apps has grown from $9bn in 2012 to $40bn in 2015. Due to the rise in app usage, it make sense that in-app advertising spend is going to reach new heights. As a matter of fact, spending on in-app advertising is expected to reach $17 billion by 2018 according to a report by Juniper Research. This has gone up drastically from the $3.5 billion spent in 2013.
5) Revenue from in-app advertising is growing rapidly.
If you have a fear of missing out on the revenue from in-app advertising then your fear is justified. BI Intelligence has already estimated that U.S. app-install ad revenue will reach $5.5 billion this year and grow to over $7 billion by year-end 2020. Brands like Adobe, BMW and JCPenney already use in-app advertising. 86 percent of developers said they currently use in-feed video app-install ads, and video ads are seen as the most effective app-install format. On Adcash platform, the revenue generated from in-app is higher than on the desktop. In-app advertising generates 950+ million monthly impression, which significantly higher than on the web.
Key take away
If you’re not advertising on mobile, then what are you waiting for! If you want to see great results from in-app advertising, then you should start asap due to the benefits it has to offer. The later you join the party, the more saturated the market will be, hence it will be more expensive as well. We recommend trying out Adcash advertising platform in order to yield the best results from in-app advertising.